Tree up to 25 meters with a spreading crown and bark of gray. The aroma around the tree is very peculiar, and the leaves, large, with the next placement, are walnuts.. Everyone knows about the benefits to the brain of his seed, but few have the idea that other parts of the plant have both beneficial and healing properties as well as contraindications.
Composition, beneficial properties and contraindications of nut leaves and shells
In folk medicine, walnut leaves and pericarp have long been used. Green leaves contain such vitamins.as ascorbic acid and carotene, as well as PP, E and a small amount of B1which is simply necessary to strengthen the nervous system. They are in the shell.Walnut branches with green leaves and fruits
The amount of ascorbinka increases as the leaf grows until the middle of the vegetative period, i.e. until about the end of July. At this time, its content reaches 600-1300 mg. It helps strengthen the walls of blood vessels, maintain kidney and liver function.. They are also valued for their high content of carotene - up to 30 mg per 100 grams of a product that improves eyesight, stimulates the immune system and is a strong antioxidant. They contain a large amount of minerals, such as potassium and magnesium, zinc and manganese, phosphorus and iodine, which is valuable in many places.
Flavonoids, essential oils, organic acids, aldehydes and other substances also have a positive effect on our body, healing it as a whole and curing many diseases. Found in the leaves and a special substance with an antitumor effect - juglon.
According to its unique composition, the walnut shells can safely pretend to have a palm for therapeutic properties. After all, it contains a rather high content of askorbinki and vitamin Ewhich are involved in maintaining hormonal levels and improve immunity.
How to collect and dry the leaves of walnut
To medicinal raw materials had the most beneficial effect, it must be properly prepared. Need to collect leaves in late May or early Junewhen they are inconclusively reached their size. It is then that they contain the maximum number of necessary and useful substances.
You need to pick only 3-5 extreme leaves on a branch., and before drying, the stalks of each leaf blade are also cut off. For drying, they are laid out in a thin layer under direct sunlight. In the process it is necessary to periodically turn over, making sure that the blackness does not appear. Her appearance indicates the loss of raw materials healing properties.Dried walnut leaves
Harvested leaves are stored for two years. It is better to keep them in a fabric bag., but they are also well preserved in glass.
Medicinal properties of leaves
The scope of leaves of this tree is extensive. What only effects do not have biologically active substances contained in the leaves - anti-inflammatory and vasoconstrictor, tonic and firming, diuretic and choleretic, bactericidal and appetite causing. In addition, a high content of potassium has a beneficial effect on the heart. And for the treatment of diabetes mellitus, better medicines than walnut leaves are not to be found. It is recommended to use the leaves in the following cases.:
- for diseases blood (anemia);
- for recuperation after a long illness or severe physical exertion;
- to increase the resistance of the human body to various colds and viral diseases;
- inflammatory processes (lymph nodes, pyelonephritis, cystitis, furunculosis, if the skin is damaged);
- for prevention oncological diseases (in the presence of tumors in the female breast);
- gynecological problems (uterine bleeding, belyah);
- in case of violation hormonal background (including menstrual irregularities in women);
- diseases urinary system (urolithiasis, kidney and bladder diseases);
- joint diseases (rheumatism, gout);
- lung disease (tuberculosis, hemoptysis);
- anthelmintic Effect;
- different skin diseases (urticaria, cutaneous tuberculosis, acne, eczema, various kinds of lichen, eczema, and wet including). The most effective is in this case the bath, which is prepared as follows - in a liter of water half a kilogram of leaves is boiled for ten minutes, then infused until it cools, filtered and poured into water with warm water. Take no more than 20 minutes;
- at inflammatory processes in the middle ear, 3 drops of fresh leaf juice will help.
Recipes and useful properties of teas and tinctures made from walnut leaves
Naturally, each of the above problems requires a special approach to treatment. And the recipe of cooking for different diseases is different. Indeed, in one case, internal use is required, and in the other, external use.Cooking decoction of dry crushed leaves of walnut
- So, in case of menstruation disorders in women, a decoction is better suited. He is preparing extremely simple.One and a half tablespoons of dry, crushed nut leaves are poured half a liter of boiling water and infused for about two hours. Strain and squeeze vegetable raw materials. Liquid obtained take three times a day before eating 30 grams. By the way, this infusion also has a slight diuretic effect.
- To reduce pain during menstruation women will help tea from the leaves of walnut. To do this, simply pour a tablespoon of dried, crushed leaves with boiling water and let it brew for ten minutes. Fragrant and healthy drink is ready. It is recommended to drink it three times a day.as usual tea and the effect is not long in coming. It is recommended to drink tea and people suffering from diabetes.
- For the treatment of inflammatory processes in the oral cavity or throat is better to use a decoction for rinsing. For its preparation, two tablespoons of crushed walnut leaves are poured with a glass of water and put on the fire. Bring to a boil and wait another minute, then remove from heat, let stand for another hour and then strain. This decoction is suitable for douching, in inflammatory processes in women.
Application of walnut shell
The shells of the nuts, which we usually just throw away, knowledgeable people collect and treat it for many diseases. So, for clarification of vessels from cholesterol plaques, and also for strengthening of walls the tincture prepared in the following way will help rather.Walnut shells
Crush the shell from 14 nuts and fill with a bottle of vodka. Need to insist during the week in a place inaccessible to sunlight. Then strain and take on an empty stomach in the morning one tablespoon. It also helps from various cysts, tumors and acts as an expectorantin case of bronchial obstruction, mastopathy, diseases of the thyroid gland. For those suffering from hypertension, this remedy is also indispensable.
Indispensable decoction of this part of the walnut and for women's health. Cervical erosion and inflammation can be cured using the following recipe. Chop up the shell of twenty nuts and add it to the enameled dish, pour half a liter of water and keep it on fire until the water becomes the color of strong tea. Strain the resulting solution and dilute with boiled water 1:10. Syringe
Ash obtained from the shell is used to treat ulcers on the skin, cleansing the gastrointestinal tract from radiation. It helps with ingestion and incontinence.
Recipes from walnut shell in cosmetology
Modern cosmetics very often contain a shell, because in a crushed state, it is simply indispensable for removing dead skin cells and excess fat. Here are some recipes for making face and skin cream.
- For the preparation of shell peels You will need two tablespoons of crushed shells in a coffee grinder, half a cup of thick sour cream, two tablespoons of black radish and 3 tablespoons of chamomile decoction. Mix all these ingredients and let cool in the fridge for five minutes. Apply the finished cream on the skin and leave for 10 minutes. You can use this tool no more than twice a month.
- Still our great-grandmothers used Ashes from the shell to remove unwanted hair. To do this, simply mixed it with a small amount of water and the resulting slurry was applied to the desired area. And no irritations, allergic reactions!
- As early as the Middle Ages, the Armenian doctor Amirdovlat Amasiatsi recommended mixing red wine, olive oil and inshell ash. If you put the resulting mass on the hair, they will grow faster, have a healthy look.
Not only the walnut kernel is useful for our body, but also other parts of the plant - leaves, shells, bark, etc. Because they contain a large amount of minerals, vitamins, organic acids, tannins and many others. It is they who have a great influence on our body, including the medical one. There are no such organs and systems in our body that are not affected by the nut. It is for this reason that he is considered simply indispensable for health.