Peach can rightly be considered one of the most useful and tasty fruits. The juicy and sweet taste of fruits with an extraordinary aroma attracts children and adults, and healthy properties are appreciated by lovers of healthy food. Due to its rich composition and caloric content, peach is excellent for therapeutic diets. Peach fruits are able to preserve the beneficial properties of the maximum after processing, so they make useful culinary preparations.
Peach composition and calorie content
It is assumed that the birthplace of fruit crops is China, it was on its territory that a genetically close wild species of peach was found. In Europe, the plant came into the I century from Persia, where it received its first known name malum persicum, a simplified version of which is used today.In Europe, this fruit was brought from Persia
For a long time, the fruits of the plant were considered poisonous. It is known that some nations made amulets and amulets from the "evil peach". Gradually, people began to use the fruit in food, and soon began to guess about the beneficial properties. Today, the fruits of peach are fully studied, so we can analyze the nutritional value and chemical composition of the fruit.
The composition of the product (100 g):
- proteins 0.9 g;
- carbohydrate 9.5 g
- fat 0.3 g;
- water 88.9 g
How many calories are in peach, can I get better from them? Energy value of 39 kcal.
The energy value of some varieties of peaches can reach up to 45 kcal. One fruit weighs on average 85-100 g. Thus, the caloric content of one peach can be from 33 to 45 kcal, depending on the variety. For example, fig peach (flat) contains about 34 kcal per 100 g of product.
- ascorbic acid (C) 6.6 mg;
- tocopherol (E) 0.7 mg;
- pantothenic acid (B5) 0.15 mg;
- niacin (B3) 0.8 mg;
- folic acid (B98 μg;
- thiamine (B1) 0.02 mg;
- riboflavin (B2) 0.03 mg;
- pyridoxine (B6) 0.03 mg;
- phylloquinone (K1) 2.6 mcg.
The coloring of the fruit of the peach gives the plant pigment β-Carotene (162 µg)which in the body is converted to vitamin A.
- potassium 190 mg;
- phosphorus 20 mg;
- magnesium 9 mg;
- calcium 6 mg;
- fluorine 4 mcg.
- manganese (9 mg);
- zinc (0.17 mg);
- iron (0.3 mg);
- selenium (0.1 μg).
Source: Food Database (USDA).
Peach is a low-calorie product, a source of macronutrients and vitamins that must be ingested daily. The need for nutrients is doubled in childhood and senile age, for any disease and carrying the fetus. therefore in the selection of a healthy diet, many nutritionists consider peaches as a dessert or as a snack between main dishes. Let's take a closer look at the usefulness peaches bring to human health.
The cardiovascular system
The benefits of the peach for the cardiovascular system are separated by the content of potassium, magnesium and calcium in fruits. Macroelements in the complex regulate the heart rate and reduce the load on the heart, preventing the formation of edema.. Minerals support acid-base balance, increase vascular tone and regulate blood pressure.Peaches are an excellent source of vitamin K and iron that help maintain heart health.
Peaches will be useful for:
- heart pathologies;
Peach dietary fiber stimulates intestinal peristalsis, contributing to the steady progress of feces. Dietary fibers adsorb water and increase in volume, this causes a feeling of saturation. Plant fibers stimulate the growth of healthy microflora and the elimination of toxins from the body.
Peaches will be useful for prevention:
- intestinal obstruction;
- formation of fecal stones;
Another property of dietary fiber is the absorption of cholesterol and bile acids.. This reduces the level of accumulation of cholesterol plaques and the formation of gallstones. Eating peaches causes a feeling of satiety, which, combined with low calorie content, contributes to rapid weight loss.
Peaches for women and men
Peaches contain phytoestrogens, which are useful for maintaining hormonal levels. These properties are especially significant in menopausal women.. Vitamins E is indispensable for internal skin support. This is an active protection of the epidermis from the negative influence of environmental factors and stimulation of cell renewal.The healing effect of peach is the same for men and women.
The significance of the peach for the male body is isolated zinc. The lack of this trace element reduces testosterone levels, which leads to impotence and disorders in the prostate gland of men.
Benefits of pregnancy
Peaches are recommended for the diet of pregnant women. First of all, it is a balanced supply of significant nutrients. Vitamin C is an active participant in the formation of bone tissue, skin, muscle fibers and blood vessels of the fetus. The substance increases the absorption of iron. The lack of this trace element causes the development of iron deficiency anemiaknown complications during pregnancy.
Folic acid is involved during the formation of the nervous system, division and growth of cells of all organs and structures of the fetus, regulates blood formation processes. Vitamin B is especially important.9 in the first trimester of pregnancy. Folic acid is involved in the process of transferring genes from mother to child.
Phosphorus, magnesium and calcium useful for the musculoskeletal system, the load on which increases with each passing month. In addition, minerals reduce the level of swelling, contributing to the regulation of water and electrolyte balance.
In the diet of children
The product is perfect for the first fruit feeding of children. Pediatricians recommend giving peach to children over 10 months. It is recommended to remove the skin, which contains a large amount of β-Carotene - a potential allergen.Peaches are good for giving sick children who often catch cold
Peaches are useful for strengthening the immunity of children. Daily intake of vitamins, minerals will help to resist viral and bacterial infections, as well as increase endurance of the body.
Magnesium regulates nervous stress, suppressing the formation of hormones, accelerating the transfer of impulses between cells. This property is especially valuable in the manifestations of child hyperactivity.which provokes disturbances in the nervous system.
Contraindications for the human body
In addition to the benefits of a peach can cause harm to the body, and therefore has a number of contraindications.
The product is not recommended for:
- increased acidity of the digestive tract;
- the body's tendency to allergic reactions;
- chronic diarrhea.
What is the rate of use of this fruit? The norm for a healthy person - 600 g per day.
The best recipes for health and beauty
The beneficial properties of peach are widely used in traditional medicine and cosmetology.
- Arrhythmia, constipation, chronic gastritis. In the treatment using fresh peach juice. This is a daily intake of juice 50 ml 30 minutes before meals 5 times a day. The duration of therapy is 7 days.
- Diathesis. The fried kernels of peach seeds are ground into powder and a small amount of water is added. The resulting gruel lubricates the affected areas and incubated for 15 minutes. Duration of treatment is 3-5 days.
- Gingivitis. Peach oil (2 tbsp. L) is mixed with 10% alcohol extract of propolis (1 tbsp. L). A mixture of greased sore gums 3 times a day. Treatment continues until full recovery.
- Furunculosis. Peach oil (1 tsp) is mixed with plantain leaves (1 tbsp. L.) And incubated for 3 hours. The resulting ointment is applied to gauze fabric and applied to the inflamed areas for 30 minutes 4 times a day. Treatment is stopped after opening the boil.
- Hair treatment. The mask is recommended for dry hair with split ends. Peaches (2 pcs.) Peel, remove the stone and knead until smooth. Milk (3 tablespoons) and oregano essential oil (3 drops) are added to the slurry, mixed until homogeneous. The mask is distributed over the entire length of the hair and put on a plastic cap. Stand 20 minutes, rinse with warm water and wash with shampoo. The procedure is repeated once a week.
- Skin nutrition. Peach pulp gruel (1 pc.) Is mixed with egg yolk (1 pc.), Cream (1 tbsp. L) and whipped. The mask is applied to cleansed face, incubated for 15 minutes and washed with warm water. The procedure is recommended 2 times a week.
Selection and storage of peaches at home
Fresh peaches do not have high transportability and long shelf life.. This problem can be partially solved by making the right choice of fruit and applying the recommended storage rules.
Selection of fruit
The indicator of full maturity of the fruit - rich flavor. When lightly pressed, the ripe peaches are slightly crushed and quickly take on their original shape.. The hardness of fruits with a greenish top indicates the breakdown of fruits to full technical maturity. In such fruits, the indicators of chemical composition are much lower.
Fruits with a large number of dents and darkened skin are not suitable for storage. You should not buy peaches, adjacent to rotten fruits, most likely they already have fungal spores. To increase transportation, nectarines are often treated with a definile or paraffin.. Therefore, it is better to purchase fruits grown in geographically close regions.Nectarine is a more dietary product than peach, although it is sweeter
The bone of the fruit can determine the presence of nitrates in the pulp.. Shrunken and shrunken bones are a sign of the use of nitrates for rapid ripening. Pronounced purple streaks in the fruit pulp indicate the presence of the disease - chlorosis, which toxins can cause poisoning in humans.
Keeping Fresh Peaches
After harvesting or purchasing peaches on the market, it is important to ensure proper storage. At home, fruit can be stored for no more than 5 days, and in the refrigerator for 14 days.
- If the need for storage of the fruit harvest is annual, it is advisable to purchase special trays with cells. Peaches arranged in individual cells are well kept for 2 weeks at a temperature of 0 ° С- + 1 ° С and an average humidity of 85%. You can achieve the same result by wrapping each fruit in thin paper.
- Some gardeners store peaches in the sand.. To do this, selected strong fruit without dents late ripening. Fruits are laid out in a dark, well-ventilated room to evaporate excess moisture for 3-4 days. After that, each fruit is wrapped in paper and laid out in low boxes, filling the space between them with river sand. Each box is placed no more than 4 layers, so that the fruits are not crushed under the weight. Store fruit in recommended conditions. This method increases the shelf life up to 4 months.
- Significantly increases the shelf life of salicylic acid. For this, they make an alcohol solution of salicylic acid (1 g / 100 ml) and process each fruit with it.
- If you bought unripe peaches, do not despair! They are easy and quick to ripen. Put the unripe peaches in the bag. For better ripening, add a banana or apple to the package. These fruits emit a lot of ethylene and contribute to even more ripening peaches.
Storage of canned peach
Preservation allows you to save 85% of the beneficial properties of peaches and provide a tasty and fragrant dessert ration all year round. To do this, select small and dense fruits without dents and wormholes.Peaches bz bones in syrup for the winter
Prepare the container in advance. 2-3 liter jars are good for canned peaches. The containers are washed and sterilized. Peaches are washed in 1% solution of baking soda and laid out in jars.
In an enamel pan boil water, the volume of which is calculated on the number of cans. Add sugar to the boiling water at the rate of 500 g per 3 l of water.. After complete dissolution of sugar syrup is poured into jars of fruit.
Covered with lids, the jars are placed in a saucepan with a towel laid on the bottom. 3-liter jars are sterilized for 45 minutes, 2-liter jars - 35 minutes. After that, banks roll covers. To check the seal turn over the top bottom. After this, the tanks are returned to their original position and allowed to cool at room temperature.
Hermetically sealed and properly prepared preservation can be stored indoors. But the optimum conditions for it are dark, well-ventilated rooms, lack of moisture and air temperature from 0 ° C to + 15 ° C. In such conditions, canned peaches last up to 2 years.
Peach - a universal product that will please with extraordinary taste and aroma, will help get rid of many disorders in the body. From fresh fruits, you can prepare delicious fruit salads, add to dairy products and cereals. Canned peaches are ideal for dessert and sweet sauces.