The flora is so large that you can easily get lost in its endless guises and images. For a better understanding of nature and oneself, one simply has to understand, at least in the crops he grows.
How to determine that pears are ripe and it's time to take them off the tree? How to keep fruit fresh at home for the winter? Our today's article will allow you to assimilate everything necessary for this.
How to learn that it is time to remove pears from a tree: term and ripeness
This is an important and dangerous step, since premature gathering means wasted energy both man and nature in the form of a fruiting tree.
So, a day or two ago, pears were still firm and dense, and after three or four days - brown flesh and oozing and it is time to collect the fruits.
Pears ripeness is determined by several characteristics.: appearance, gamma of taste and terms of regional and climatic ripening of fruit. Not the last role in the maturation also play a temperature and precipitation.Terms of fruit harvesting depend on the pear variety, ripeness is determined by the appearance
Nevertheless, let's dwell on this issue in more detail.
Influenced by climate the fruit changes color several times. This may be a transition from green to green-yellow, with some species showing reddish shades on the sides of the fruit.
How else to know the ripeness of the fruit: ripe pears are easily removed from the treeit is absolutely not necessary to spend efforts on the separation of the stem from the tree branch.
Under mechanical pressure (pressure), the surface changes density, “adjusting” to the center of gravity.
The most important sign of ripe pears is their sweet and specific aroma.
Harvest period may last up to a week, it depends on weather and climatic conditions. However, if the daily harvest of ripened fruit is not possible, it is better to collect it completely.
Even if some of them are still firm to the touch, it does not matter! In the right storage conditions, such fruits ripen for a couple of days.
Ripening pears at home
If you still have collected enough unripe fruit, then it is worth thinking about measures for ripening fruit. In this case, you will be helped by a few important tips:
- First, be sure to carry out an all-out “cleansing” of ripe fruits and immature. The first should be placed in a cool place, preferably - at a distance from each other.
- Unripe fruit is recommended to wrap in plastic bags. Then we make small holes for the necessary air intake.
- Periodically look at each of the fruit on the identification of rot and the percentage deterioration of the fruit harvest.
- It should be said that the "spoiled" fruits should be immediately removed from the common packages.
In short, the ripeness of all fruits is acquired from a couple of days to one week. Another question, do you need such a fast ripening fruit?
How to keep fruits in the winter in the cellar, basement, on the balcony
Every person wants to enjoy a fragrant and "sugar" pear on cold winter evenings. To do this, at least proper storage conditions are required and a clear understanding of the importance of this process. Otherwise - the loss is inevitable.
So, the basic rules of storage:
- there are not so many places for storing crops. The first and most logical cellar. This is a cool place that will satisfy the necessary storage requirements;
- cellar or basement should be disinfected, fumigation of the room with sulfur vapor will be ideal. To do this, use the brazier and sulfur powder, which is poured on burning coals. After 2-3 days the cellar is disinfected in full;
- the walls in no way contain mold and fungus! Be sure to respect the balance air temperature and humidity;
- pears are not allowed to be stored near other fruits;
- storage container must be at least 15-20 cm from the walls of the store, as sewage or mold can be the death of your crop.
If you do not have the ability to store pears in the basement, then for this purpose a couple more places will do.:
- Balcony - within a few months this place is perfect for arranging storage. However, there is one important point - the air temperature must be above zero.
- Crates - convenient storage container, which is not afraid of frequent movements to the same basement or balcony. For long-term preservation of the fruits, they should be laid out in layers, parallel to the sprinkling of rows with straw or sand.
- Fridge - an extreme case, a sort of cry of despair. Such a place can ensure the safety of pears up to two months, provided there are no damaged copies.
In any case, the storage of products must be approached with all possible responsibility, since this resource can bring you both positive emotions in the winter, as well as additional cash.
Collection and storage features of winter pear varieties
We have already mentioned that the rules of storage and collection periods for different varieties differ somewhat from each other. Generally speaking, the basic rules apply to all varieties of pears; nevertheless, let's voice several features:
- since they have the longest ripening period, storage conditions must be appropriate. Low temperature, lack of mold and water in storage areas;
- it is possible to store and without special packaging, then they talk about wooden shelves, on which the pears are laid out at a distance from each other.
Important note: the fruits must be kept tails up!
You may be interested in our publications:
- A detailed description of the pear varieties Conference.
- Description and rules of planting pear Forest beauty.
- Terms of ripening and description varieties of pears Lada.
How and how much to store ripe fruit pears at home
Quite a difficult question, since each case is individual. Someone can "wise" with storage and get a significant reduction in the time range, and some vice versa - will be able to fully enjoy the winter pears.
Whatever it was, pears can be kept for a fairly short amount of timewhich, in many respects, depends on weather and climatic conditions. Under an ideal set of circumstances, it will be possible to preserve the juiciness and usefulness of the fruits for 2-4 months.The average shelf life of pears varies from 1 to 4 months.
For example, in the fridge these fruits will be able to "live" 1-1.5 months, after which the process of "universal" damage to a valuable resource will begin.
Under ideal basement conditions such pears will be able to retain all their beneficial properties not more than three months.
Answering the question about the justification of such "problems", it is definitely to say that it is worth it. Besides sweets for your stomach, safety of pears in the winter can help you earn good money.
What if pears start to go bad
The worst dream of every summer resident is to see how the fruits of his labors deteriorate and irrevocably go into another world. However, do not be sad You can make some lovely dishes from overripe fruits., use the resources obtained with benefit.
So, some of the most attractive options:
- You can make excellent preparations for future cakes, desserts or other baking. Being a sweet fruit, it will save on sugar;
- stew overripe and perishable pears. After that, they can be used as a side dish for some dishes, or sent for further processing in the form of various jams or preserves;
- use pear fruits in numerous salads, which abound in most of the most famous ones;
- in various oriental dishes you can often find the use of pears. So having learned to cook at least some of them, you are guaranteed to kill two hares with one shot.
If we talk about pear culture in general, then it is worth mentioning a certain exactingness and spoilage of this fruit.
In this regard, the question arises about the proper storage of such a specific culture, because it can bring a lot of benefits to its owner.
In addition to purely carnal satisfaction from the excellent taste, you can also make good money in the winter. In any case, it's up to you!