Not every gardener, winemaker, and just a culinary specialist descends to such a drink as cider. In vain, because cooked at home from fresh apples, the particular form of the wine is very pleasant to the taste, moreover, it is useful for the bodyof course, with reasonable use.
The main methods of cooking apple cider at home include:
- traditional (classic);
- juice (without sugar);
- dried fruit cider;
It is about these types of homemade elixir that will be discussed.
Traditional Apple Cider Recipe
Simplest, The classic cider recipe should not include any unnecessary ingredients.except apples and sugar.
Sort you need to choose at their discretion, It is advised to use a ratio of 2 to 1 sweet and sour fruits. respectively.
To make traditional cider, you need:
- apples: 10 kilograms;
- sugar: from 1 to 1.5 kilograms, according to your own taste;
- water, if necessary.
Apples rid of cuttings, leaves and dirt. You can wipe, but it is not necessary to wash the fruit with water, this can make fermentation difficult.
Grind the apples in any way until the consistency of a homogeneous mass, together with the pits and peel. Prepare the vessel for fermentation, scald with hot water and wipe.
Fill the container with apples, maximum ¾, it is necessary to leave space for foam, juice and carbon dioxide.
The wort (mixture in a jar) should be sweet enough, for this you need to add sugar. No need to saturate the wort, otherwise it risks becoming cloying.
The sweeter the apples were, the less sugar needed. Mix the substance thoroughly and for a long time (this is very important).Cider according to the classic recipe should ferment for 1-2 months, readiness is determined by the fallen glove
Cover tightly the neck of the vessel with the material passing through the air, leave it in a dark, warm place for several days (3 days is enough). Every day, manually mix the contents.
Squeeze the juice from the infused wort into a prepared, clean container. Install water trap.
A hydraulic lock can be made classic, from a rope and a half-filled bottle or use a glove that stretches on the neck, it is fixed, and a hole is pierced in the finger with a small needle.
The future cider must roam for 1-2 months. Willingness is determined by the clarification of the fluid, and the dropping of the glove. Drain the drink and filter it several times.
Bottled, tightly and tightly closed (for example, roll up in jars), then store the cider for about three months in a cellar, refrigerator or other cool and warm place. At this time, the drink "comes" to readiness.
Apple Cider A simple homemade recipe:
Juice without sugar
The difference with the previous recipe is not only in the absence of sugar, but also in the fact that not fermented applesauce, but squeezed juice is used for fermentation. In many respects, the technology of preparation is similar to the sugar method.
Pressed apple juice (the same, instead of mashed potatoes) to defend 24 hours in a warm place. Pour (without sediment) into the fermentation tank, put a water seal.
Keep container in a dark, warm place for a month. At this time, the juice wanders.
After the end of the process (enlightenment, raising the glove), pour the liquid into another vessel
It is necessary to pour a cider, trying not to touch a deposit, in order to avoid getting the latter into the vessel. To facilitate the task, you can use the tube.
Keep the cider container in a cool, dark place for about four months.Juice cider is made from apple juice and no sugar added.
The resulting infusion filter, bottled and corked tightly. After a few days you can hold a tasting.
Put sugar on bottom of containers before spilling. (based on 10 grams per 1 liter). After that, leave hermetically sealed containers with a drink in a warm, unlit place for two weeks.
During saturation with gases, the pressure in the bottle should be checked every day. If it is too high, lower it, slightly opening slightly and closing the lid again.
Upon expiration release extra gas and put it in a cold place for a day.
Homemade Honey and Apple Drink
This kind of intoxicant drug is also does not provide sugar, because it is replaced by no less sweet honey. It is worth noting that this is the longest way to get your favorite drink.
To prepare you need:
- apples - 7-8 pounds;
- honey - 1-1.5 kilograms;
- water - about 5-6 liters, or rather, as required.
- Apples need not crush or squeeze, and cut into quarters.
- The resulting slices folded in a cotton bag and tie.
- Put the bag of apples in an enamel bowl, cover with a circular solid mesh on top and put the load on top.
- Honey dissolve in pre-boiled water.
- Pour the syrup into the dishes, cover with a towel and leave to ferment for four to five weeks.
- Drain the syrup-rich syrup into a separate container, repeat points 4 and 5 with the same pulp (apple material).
- Again, pour the syrup into separate containers and again repeat paragraphs 4 and 5 with the same pulp.
- And again pour out the syrup, this time mixing fluids obtained in paragraphs 6, 7 and 8.
- Insist the mixture for 9-10 months in a dark place.
Patient performance of the whole process will reward a great drink.Apple-honey cider made from apples, water and honey, no added sugar
From dried fruits
An alternative recipe for cooking, not involving the use of fresh fruits of apple. Instead of them take the usual dried fruit of an apple.
For this type of cider, only a "filet" of dried fruit is suitable, that is, without seeds, hearts and peels.
You may be interested in our publications:
- How to grow an apple tree from a seed or a branch at home?
- 5 ways to freeze apples at home.
- Unripe apples: what can be done with them?
You will need:
- dried fruits of the required type - 1 kilogram;
- purified water - 10 liters.
The cooking process is extremely easy:
- Dried fruit folded at the bottom of the prepared glass jars (it should be clean and dry).
- Cover with water and cover with gauze.
- Before starting the fermentation process, keep in a cool place (maximum - 6 days).
- After the beginning of the above process, add a handful of raisins to the container, cork tightly and put it in the same place for one month.
This cider implies the presence of hop into the compositionin simple terms - degree.
But what about those who love this drink, but do not want to drink alcohol? The answer is simple, make a non-alcoholic version of apple cider.
For this you need:
- apple juice (natural) - one liter;
- orange - 1 piece;
- cinnamon in the form of sticks - 5 pieces;
- ginger root - 1 piece with a length of no more than eight centimeters;
- carbonated or soda - two liters.
- Peel the orange, cut into slices.
- Mix orange slices, juice, cinnamon and ginger, boil the mixture.
- Cook on medium heat for 25-30 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, let the liquid cool.
- Take the prepared glasses, fill them with half cooled soda and half the liquid (filtered).
Alcohol free apple cider:
How to drink cider?
Cider serving is different:
- english: in a tall, non-embossed glass when chilled;
- french: in a champagne glass;
- spanish: a large and thin glasses poured a drink from a great height, especially to create a foam, with the help of which, in the opinion of the Spaniards, the whole bouquet of hop-like delicacy is revealed.
By the way, it is better to drink cider without haste, savoring every sip, spending the evening (or another part of the day) for conversation.
The best snacks for cider are seafood, cheese or light desserts - yogurt, delicate cakes and fruits. In principle, a pleasant sweetish taste needs little snack, but cider is not strongly recommended to drink cider.
A variety of forms and ways to create allow you to choose the appropriate option for each case and person.
Do not be afraid to experiment and create, follow the detailed instructions and the magic apple drink will warm you in the winter, cool in the heat, give a feeling of comfort and help to brighten up any evening.