The most popular with gardeners are varieties that can be grown both in greenhouses and in open beds. High yield is one of the main criteria for evaluating tomatoes. The kolkhoz variety is fertile or, as it is also called, the kolkhoznitsa fully corresponds to its name. Description of the characteristics of tomato can be found in the article.
Description and characteristics of a variety of tomato collective farm fruitful
This variety belongs to the varieties of the average term of aging. It tolerates dry weather and low temperatures. Branched bush, semi-sprawling, in height reaches from 60 centimeters to 1 meter. The ripening period is 100-110 days. The fruits are round, red, the flesh is dense, the taste is sweet-sour. Fruit weight ranges from 95 to 115 grams.Tomato bush with ripened fruits
Advantages and disadvantages
The advantages of the variety include:
- high yield;
- high content of trace elements and vitamins;
- excellent taste;
- universality of use;
- resistant to weather changes;
- ease of care;
- high disease resistance;
- good transportability;
- not prone to cracking;
- good presentation;
- stable yield;
- simultaneous formation of fruits;
- the possibility of growing both seedling and seedless way.
Good seedlings can be grown only from properly prepared seeds for sowing. Preparation is carried out in several stages:
- Seed selection. To select high-quality seeds, you need to pour a solution of table salt into a glass jar and put seeds in it for a few minutes. To discard the seeds that have risen to the surface, and rinse those that have sunk to the bottom thoroughly under running water.
- Disinfection. In order to prevent disease, seeds should be soaked for 15 minutes in a 1% solution of potassium permanganate, or in a 2% solution of hydrogen peroxide for 10 minutes. The seeds are then treated with a growth promoter.
- Soak. After processing, the seeds are wrapped in a tissue cloth and immersed in a glass container with water so as to cover only half of the seeds. Soaking procedure is carried out for 10 hours. Remove the napkin from the seeds three times from the water, replace the water, and give the seeds aired.
- Germination. In order for the seeds to give better germination and an earlier harvest, they must be germinated before planting in the soil. Put the soaked seeds on a damp cloth and leave until the sprouts appear. It is necessary to ensure that the napkin is always wet. The temperature in the room should not be below +20 degrees.
- Hardening. The final procedure for the preparation of seeds is hardening. This procedure is performed so that the seedlings are well adapted to weather changes and give the best yield. After germination, place the seeds in the refrigerator for 14 hours (temperature not higher than +2 degrees). Then it is heated for 14 hours (the temperature is not lower than +22 degrees).
Growing tomato seedlings
Sowing seeds should be carried out in the last days of February. Before sowing seeds, you need to prepare a special soil. To do this in equal parts to mix the land from the garden, sifted river sand, peat.
To normalize the acidity, add 200 grams of ash. Before planting, the soil must be sanitized with a strong solution of potassium permanganate or heated on a plate. Ready soil is poured into oblong wooden containers, level and make holes 1 cm deep.
Sprouted seeds spread in the grooves at a distance of 2 cm from each other, sprinkled with soil and slightly compacted. Soil thickness 0.5 cm. The soil is carefully watered, covered with glass and taken out in a dark room with a temperature of +25 degrees.
After 5 days, when the first shoots appear, remove the glass and move the boxes with the seedlings into a room with good lighting. After 2 leaves appear on the seedlings, they should be transplanted into separate 1 liter pots.Tomato seedling Kolkhoz fruitful
Replant seedlings carefully, with a lump of earth, so as not to damage the immature root system. After transplantation, seedlings are fertilized with a solution of fermented cow dung or chicken manure. Bred mullein in a ratio of 1:10, chicken litter 1:15. Top dressing should be repeated 30 days after emergence of shoots, and the next one should be done 15 days after the second.
A week before transplanting to open beds, seedlings need to be hardened. To do this for the first time two days to make pots of seedlings for 2 hours on the street. Then leave the seedlings on the street throughout the daylight hours. 2 days before landing on the bed for the night in the room is not entered.
Planting in open beds
On the beds, seedlings are transplanted in the middle of May. The site where the transplanting is planned should be well lit by sunlight.
In the prepared soil, dig holes at a distance of 70-90 cm from each other, and between rows should be at least 1 meter. Closer distance of seedlings to each other will reduce the yield, and increase the risk of disease.
The bows must be deep so that the root fits freely with a clod of earth and the trunk is recessed to the bottom leaves. Sprinkle the hole with earth, lightly tamp it, make grooves for irrigation around the hole. After transplanting, seedlings should be watered abundantly. This will help the seedlings to take root well. After some time, the bush must be tied to a support at a height of 15-20 cm.Abundant watering after transplanting into the ground
While growing seedlings require a set of measures for the care:
- Remove weeds that take nutrients from the soil.
- Performing mulching.
- Permanent timely watering (the soil should be wet). Excess moisture will cause the roots to rot. Watering exercise in the early morning.
- Pinching shoots (leave the bush in one - two stalks).
- Removal of all lower shoots and leaves at a height of 20 cm.
- Timely treatment of seedlings to prevent diseases.
The fruits of this variety ripen in 100-110 days from the date of planting. Maturation occurs within 14-21 days. Fruits are considered ripe when their color is saturated red.
Tomatoes of this variety have a long shelf life. Fruit should be stored at a temperature of + 10-15 degrees. You can use the fruit as raw for salads, and for canning, cooking ketchup, pasta, sauces, juice.Variety kolkhoz suitable for canning
The variety of tomatoes collective farm fruitful under the power to grow even novice gardeners. This variety has deserved a lot of good reviews and love of gardeners for its unpretentiousness and good harvests.